Saturday 23 June 2012

Some background on us

I'm Emma, a 34 year old New Zealander. My husband is bengali and we have 4 children. We met in Mayapur which is the  world headquarters of ISKCON (International Society for Krishna Consciousness). It was 1997 and I was travelling with two friends, we were visiting Vrindavan and Mayapur to attend some courses and go on parikrama.
My husband was working as a security guard/maintenance man and had also taken an interest in the philosophy. I at the time was a cardcarrying member of ISKCON and living in the ashram in Auckland.
Long story short we married in March 2001 and moved to New Zealand in 2002 with the idea that we would one day move back to India.
Ten years later we are living in Australia and the day has come when we are ready to move back. My husband will continue working here in Australia and do FIFO 2 months on/1 month off.  He is already doing 6 weeks on/1 week off at the moment so we are used to this lifestyle.
We have bought a house closeby to Mayapur in my husband's village, a 2 minute walk to my mother in laws house. It needs a lot of work but we are going to dp what is absolutley necessary before december and then finish it off when we are there.
The front of our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment