Wednesday 17 October 2012

Eight weeks to go!

Things are moving ahead. The work on  also our house will be finished on the 29th (ish).

The cats are going to the vet tommorrow for their rabies shot and the vet will fill out the forms for the No objection certificate.
Basically I have to take them to the vet who checks all their paperwork and gives them a rabies shot and fills in the forms. Next I send the forms to our relative in India who will take that paperwork to the Customs officer who will grant the NOC which then gets sent back to us.

I ordered some boxes online and have started packing. The shipping container gets delivered on the 6th of november and leaves Fremantle on the 15th of november.
A friend has put us in touch with a customs agent in Kolkata and he has given a quote which seems OK. The only unknown is how much the customs duty and port fees etc will be, I shudder to think.

It is hard to wind up a life in one place at the same time. I'm determined to keep in touch with my friends here though. I'm just looking forward to being moved and settling in.
But at the moment I feel tired and unsettled and there are just way too many things that can go wrong!
Anyways keep on breathing...

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you :) I just discovered your blog. You'll read it in a few years and you'll be glad you kept a diary of this...hope it all goes smoothly, Indrani....see you here sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, Indrani, take your word verification comment thing off :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how to take it off. Also remember my name is not Indrani that is the other Emma. Yes will see you sometime!

    ReplyDelete