Sunday 29 July 2012

Inside I am freaking out just a little bit.

about this move. Part of it is the amount of stuff I have to organise to make it happen. I'm mostly worried about the kids and how they will  manage and adjust to the move, I also feel a bit guilty about moving them from a life that they are pretty happy with and giving them a totally different one.
In some ways I wish we were moving sooner so I could just get there and start.

Some good news is that the children's OCI cards have been approved, now I need to go back to the Indian Passport and Visa Office and submit their passports then in about 7 working days they will be returned with the stamp thingy in them. This means they are now Overseas Citizens of India and will be able to come and go from India without a visa for the rest of their lives. They don't even need to register with the FRO (Foreigners Registration Office). I am the only one that still needs to do that as I have a PIO card (person of indian origin) as I am not eligible for OCI. PIO lasts for 15 years which is still pretty good.

Dina has returned from Switzerland and work will start once Ramadan is over, as our mistri (carpenter) is muslim he is not available till then. In the meantime I'm trying to work out a kitchen floorplan which is quite difficult when I'm not there.
I want to leave as much as I can till I am actually there but still have the necessities so we can be comfortable. If we didn't have to consider the 2 cats that we are taking with us then I would leave everything and go and stay in a hotel till the house is ready! (bloody cats!!!)

This week I am going to meet with the pet relocation company to find out what needs to be done and he will give me a quote for that. I also want to go and get some book boxes so I can pack up books and things that we don't use that much. I will feel good when it looks like I have made a start!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's natural to stress at this point in any move. There's so much to do and you're sure you'll forget something. You sound like you're going to do just fine and have this well planned.

    ReplyDelete