Sunday 19 August 2012

Going on...

My husband has just been home for a week after 4 weeks away for work. It was a hard week, we are both tired after a busy 4 weeks and the amount of details to work out before we move led to some snippy moments! I find the 4/1 rota to be the worst as it takes a good few days to get adjusted to having him back around again and by the time that has happened it is time for him to leave again. Once we are in India he will be working 2 months and then home for 1 month. I think this will be much much better. Plus in India we will have the luxury of not having so much of the housework/garden maintenance to catch up on while he is here.

The day before he came back was Janmastami so the children and I went to the temple for a few hours in the evening. It was very crowded there and we struggled to even get inside the temple but we did in the end and we saw the cultural programme and some dancing. Then we had some prasadam and came home around 9pm. It was a shame that my husband missed it. I am really tired of him missing everything!

I had  received an email from the Indian Visa and Passport Office saying that the kid's OCI had been approved so we took their passports in there and they will put the sticker in and courier them back to us. My husband also needed his OCI transferred from his old passport to his new one so we got that done too.

I have been looking at  a few indian tile websites and not having much luck finding anything nice. They are either throwbacks to the 80's with pink and grey floral patterns or an indian interpretation of modern/contemporary. So not what I am looking for! Maybe I need to put a few boxes of tiles in my shipping container...

My MIL rang up and just hearing her voice I missed her so much...she is unconditionally caring and no matter what I do (and she has seen me really freak out) she is still my biggest supporter. Shed a few tears and made me feel really good that we will be so close to her soon.
I chased up the pet relocation company again...he is meant to be getting back to me (sigh).


2 comments:

  1. For all home matters, I highly recommend you subscribe to GoodHomes India magazine, you can get it in e-version online, and do join their FB page, in the magazine they have all the ads for tiles and fixtures that will come in handy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great I will do that is tne next few days.

    ReplyDelete