Sunday 26 August 2012

Shit happens...

The last week has been a tough one and I'm still dealing with the fallout. First of all I am just really really tired, at the moment I just want to run away to a quiet place and not have people wanting me, needing me, expecting me. I am tired of parenting alone and I need a break.
So when I got the news that our project manager is no longer able to help us with our house, well the shit hit the fan. I really could not see how we could continue...I am still pretty upset about it but have started forming Plan B and I think it will be OK.
I do have to say though that my husband (and me in a support role) work really hard for our money and because of that we don't want to waste it. I know how our little house and family is not a number one priority in everyone's mind but when I'm paying someone to do a job I expect honesty and to stick to what you said you would do (RANT OVER).
 Anyway onwards and upwards!


Here is a pic of my kids... on our recent trip to Denmark.( Denmark is a small town in Western Australia)  Not a very good photo I know but I like the huge tree trunk they are posing in!
For now my husbands cousin is going to help us put in a new septic tank at the house and do a few minor bits and pieces. I am going to order all the bathroom fittings and then a guy is going to come from Kolkata to install everything so we wont be without a bathroom for too long.



I am on a search to find these tiles for my kitchen...if I have to I will buy them here and put them in my shipping container.
Well it is school pick up time. Im off but I might do another post tonight...

3 comments:

  1. I'm not 100% sure but I believe those are shaped mosaic tiles. They come on a mesh sheet with several tiles stuck to it and are installed in squares. Try this websites to see if you can find the supplier.

    http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/shaped-mosaic-tiles.html

    Also, you can google for "shaped mosaic tiles India" and see if you can find a reputable store there (I know this is a HUGE challenge considering businesses are rarely online in India) or ask someone who is there if they know of a good tile store that might have them. It's also possible these are not even Indian tiles and are made in Pakistan or Saudi Arabia so search those too. You can have them imported or ship some yourself but beware that many tiles will be damaged in shipping. These tiles break easily, especially with those custom edges so it's much better to try and find them near to your Indian home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks yes seems they come with a mesh backing. I'm thinking I want white instead of blue. They are just for a backsplash and maybe the bathroom too. Thanks for your helpful advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually have an inkling that these tiles are moroccan or what is known as moroccan style.

    ReplyDelete